The Administrative Wing of BSF Academy Has been organized to look after the administrative needs of Training Wing. The Wing is headed by the Chief Administrative Officer , who has been delegated the financial powers to improve he functional efficiency of Training Wing, through better administrative coverage.
The branch is responsible for procurement of various items for the Academy and its wings. The branch is headed by a Dy Commandant, who also functions as staff officer to CAO. It is also custodian of the land and all constructed residential and non-residential buildings of Academy.
Communication & IT
The branch is responsible for maintaining smooth round the line and wireless communication within the campus as well as messeging connectivity with Force HQ, various Frontiers and Training Institutions. The Academy has a vast setup of IT equipments for offices, class rooms, syndicate rooms and computer labs for trainees. The procurement & maintenance cover to these IT equipments is the responsibility of the branch. The branch is headed by a Dy Commandant.
The Academy has a large MT Fleet headed by Asstt Commandant. The branch is responsible for providing transport for training & adminitrative purposes, maintenance of vehicles and procurement of fuel and lubricants for which it maintains a patrol pump of IOC.
The branch is headed by Asstt Commandant (Min) who is responsible for sruitiny of procedures adopted in procurement, maintenance of accounts, advise various branches on financial matters, maintain budget position, etc, so that proportionate expenditures are made during the entire year observing rules and guidelines in vogue.
Following living accommodation is available in the campus:
- Govt Quarters
- SFA Type I - 120
- Type-I - 591
- Type-II - 242
- Type-III - 48
- Type-IV - 37
- Type-V - 14
- Type-VI - 2
- Regimental Quarters
- BTC Area - 30
- CENWOSTO - 10
- R K Colony - 40
- Welfare Quarters
- BTC Area - 22
- I R R Quarters - 45
The following Regimental Institutions also have been organised to look after the welfare of BSF personnel.
- Family Welfare Center - The Family Welfare Center is involved in following activities. Presently about 400 ladies including 30 widows are working and earning at an average of Rs 400 to 1000 per month.
- Stitching of Uniform, Mosquito Nets and Garments
- Knitting of Socks, Jersey, Vests both for uniform and private use
- Carpet Weaving
- Power Loom Weaving of Markin cloth
- Candle Making
- Prahari Canteen – A well laid out canteen complex is available to meet basic needs of BSF personnel of Academy. This includes canteen items shop, cloth shop, grocery shop and fast food restaurant known as Salt and Pepper. State Bank of India, Post Office and a PCO are also housed in shopping complex.
- Prahari Gas Agency – Cooking Gas Agency of the IOC is available in canteen complex, which is providing cooking gas to troops and families. The monthly consumption of gas as an average is more than 20,000 cylinders.
- Auditorium – An open-air auditorium of seating capacity for 2500 personnel is being maintained. Regular Hindi and English movies are screened on every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday for Staff and trainees.
- PCOs – At present 3 PCOs are functional each at Academy Canteen Complex, SI (DE) and Sewa Kendra area. Widows of diceased BSF personnel are re-employed with these PCOs.