Though the BSF Academy was established in 1966, the Faculty of Studies came into being in 1986 with an aim to streamline the BSF training in conformity with role and tasks by effecting necessary changes in course curriculum and methodology.
- To monitor, study and analyse the trend and development in the field of training and suitably modify them as per the need of the Force.
- To formulate the specific Training Needs and course curriculum within the Broad framework of the Training Policy.
- To design and administer feed back system and implement the information so collected.
- Publication of BSF Journal (half yearly) and Academy News Letter (quarterly).
- To act as study centre for Jiwaji University, Gwalior, for carrying out research in the field of Border Management.
- Procure/prepare CBTs as per the requirement of the Academy.
- Preparation and updating of training literature.
- Functioning of Academy Audio Visual Cell.
Border Management Cell
It mainly deals with the Border Management which includes:
- Research and Development on peace time tactical ops being undertakes by BSF on Eastern and Western Borders.
- Research and Development on training on Border Management.
- Updating of training material.
- Preparation of case studies and exercises.
This Cell deals with Ops of War, Tactics, LICO and other allied subjects.
- Production, publication and distribution of Precis.
- Information management.
- Procurement/preparation of CBTs.
- To cover various events at Academy by detailing Photographer.
- To maintain close liaison with local media in Gwalior and Dabra.
Faculty of Studies also publishes BSF Journal. The BSF Journal is a professional half-yearly Journal of Border Security Force designed to provide a forum for open exchange of ideas on strategy and tactics, National Security, Border Management and other matters of contemporary relevance.
Subscribers of the article for the BSF Journal may contact on the following address:
Faculty of Studies
BSF Academy, Tekanpur
Gwalior (MP) - 475005
Academy has a well stocked Library called 'Tagore Library', named after the noble laureate Rabindra Nath Tagore. The vast library houses a comprehensive literature on variety of subjects including text books, reference books on History, Geography, Constitution, Polity, Public Administration, Military Studies, Human Rights, International Law, Man-Management, HRD etc. It also subscribes variety of Journals & News papers which are constantly reviewed and expanded.
A section of Library has been converted into a modern state of the art “Cyber Library”, where the readers have access to the digital information and internet.