Tactical Wing is responsible for conduct of in-service courses for serving Officers of the rank of Asstt Comdt to DIG.
Center of Excellence
Tactical Wing is proud owner of Commando School, declared as 'CENTER OF EXCELLENCE' by MHA during 2003. Established in 1966, it has trained more than 6000 personnel from BSF, CRPF, SSB, Air Force and State Police.
- To train officers of BSF in Tactical handling of sub units, units and Sectors in peace,war and no war no peace situation.
- To train officers of CPOs in commando operations.
- To conduct Staff Officers course for potential Staff officers.
- To evolve and validate the concepts in Low Intensity Conflict and Border Management.
- To prepare training material for conduct of training and conceptual level planning in collaboration with field commanders in order to reduce gap between ground realities and training.
- To analyse effectiveness of tactical operations being carried out in field and device innovative methods/drills for better results.
Senior Officers Management Course (Strategic) Level - I, II, III
These courses are conducted for officers of the rank from Commandant to DIG with following aims:
- To introduce participants about the concepts of management, HRD and Organizational behaviour.
- To discuss current issues pertaining to National and International level.
- To generate awareness on the Internal Security scenario in the country and its impact on border management.
- To provide opportunity to the participants about the border management techniques being followed in other countries.
The duration of Level I is 4 weeks and Levels II and III are of 2 weeks.
Senior Command Course
The course is conducted to train Bn Second in Commands of the Force in efficient handling of a Bn during peace, no war no peace (LIC) and war. The duration of the course is 08 weeks.
Junior Command Course
The course aims to train the Dy Commandants of the Force for the duties of Second-in-Command and to prepare them for other higher assignments. The duration of the course is 08 weeks.
Composite Staff Officers Course
The course is conducted to train selected officers of the Force in service brackets of 6 to 12 years and evolve as potential Staff Officers at various HQs and future field commanders. The duration of the course is 08 weeks.
YOs (Integrated Course) Leg II
The course aims to train young officers of the Force to carry out small group operations and to become effective Coy Commanders. The duration of the course is 8 weeks.
Command & Logistics Course
The course is conducted to bring in attitudinal change among promotee officers for better handling of a company. The duration of the course is 8 weeks.
Senior Medical Officer Management Course
The course is conducted to sensitize the CMO's of the Force about the latest environmental problems, difficulties, changes and man management problems of the Force and upgrade their professional knowledge. The duration of the course is 04 weeks.
Orientation Course for IPS Officers
The course is conducted for IPS officers being inducted on deputation in the Force to familiarise them with the Force.
Composition of Training Team
All officers posted to the Wing are utilized for taking classes. Guest faculty is invited from within and outside the Academy to cover the following topics:
- Geo-Political Studies
- Human Rights
- Intelligence, Security and Surveillance
- Law, Accounts and Financial Management
- Stress Management
- Disaster Management
- Leadership and Man Management
- Wadhwa Hall – Capacity 70.
- Inderjeet (Auditorium) – 250.
- Syndicate Rooms(X4) – 15-30.
- Language lab- 30 thin client
- Shantivan Area - for Commando Training.